wireless bridge w/encryption?

R. Luoma nobluspam5476-MTb9uo0rH9eJIAd+swBSYQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 10 18:17:13 EST 2011

I would like to set up a wireless bridge between
two wired networks in my house.
I am finding almost too much and not completely consistent
flood of information in my web-searches.

"dd-wrt" has been mentioned several times on this list,
though there seems to be a wide variety of hardware
support (or not supported, depending on the whims of
manufacturers).

I would appreciate:
  - recommendations on what hardware is currently available
  - do people recommend "dd-wrt"?
  - if so, how do I avoid "bricking"?
  - what encryption options are available?
  - anything else regarding wireless bridges that I should know?

Thanks,
--
R. Luoma