Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate

Bill Horne bill-CIZd1d4GmLheoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 19 23:40:14 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 22:14 -0500, Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 09:21:52PM -0500, Bill Horne wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 15:30 -0500, Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
> > > For home I think I'll buy the one with key inscriptions,
> > > since it'll be tough for the 3 year old to use otherwise.
> >
> > I recommend Dvorak for all children learning to type.
>
> Oh no.  He's definitely going to be a vi user.  :-)
>
> I thought they decided the Dvorak advantage was a myth?

I hadn't heard that: please cite the study that proved it.

ISTM that the advantage of Dvorak is so fundamental that it can't be
overcome; the most-often used keys are closer to the home row. It's not
something that seems debatable to me: shorter distance means less finger
travel, ergo more speed.

Then again, I've been wrong before, so I'd like to look at the data.

Bill