[Discuss] Jabber Server sm database recovery?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 16 15:56:57 EDT 2011

Another aspect of my server upgrade fiasco is that my jabber server wont
start.  The jabberd/sm service can't read its database.  It claims
there's a version mismatch.  I tried running db_recovery but *it*
complains about a lot of stuff.  The jabber db dump script can read the
database just fine and prints out a nice XML document of all my
contacts, but of course there is no way to read that XML back in (as far
as I can tell).

Any suggestions for what I can do?  I don't want to hand-enter all my
contacts again.  I could try to use the bdb2mysql script, but I really
don't want to use mysql if I don't have to.  Is there some way to use
the bdbdump.pl and then re-initialize the database from the XML dump?

If I move the database out of the way the service starts just fine.

This was all working quite happily under F12, but now at F14 I'm