[Discuss] The America Invents Act

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Tue Sep 27 19:47:14 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 02:58:36PM -0700, Hsuan-Yeh Chang wrote:
> 2.  Have you tried to file and prosecute a software patent
> application with the Patent Office?  You would then know how
> difficult it is to pass mustard with those Examiners to get a
> software patent allowed.  I support strongly the open source
> community.  However, it doesn't necessarily mean that all software
> patents should be invalid.

No it doesn't; there are much, much better arguments why all software
patents should be invalid.  If you have 96 minutes to spend, rms has
given a very good talk on that very topic:

If you don't have the patience for the whole 96 minutes, the crux of
the issue is discussed from 0:58:00 to about 1:14:00.

-=-=-=-=-