[Discuss] Google wants images of my passport, driver's license, bank statement, etc.

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Mon Aug 27 09:22:20 EDT 2012

    Daniel> I don't see why you couldn't use Skype (or other videoconferencing
    Daniel> tool of your choice) to connect with a customer service center and
    Daniel> show them your ID, though.

    Daniel> Unless they're being *really* evil and screencapping their
    Daniel> calls just to get sensitive data, this seems like a
    Daniel> semi-reasonable alternative, though admittedly I haven't
    Daniel> really thought it through.  Can anyone see potential
    Daniel> problems with doing it this way?

Lots of people don't have a working skype setup?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary
depends on his not understanding it.

Upton Sinclair, quoted by Paul Krugman in the New York Times, December
14, 2009