[Discuss] US Navy buys Linux to guide drone fleet

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:57:12 EDT 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Daniel Feenberg wrote:

> But DoD does have at least one Linux based official distribution:

True... but as Jerry pointed out it's a matter of procurement which in turn is a matter of what the contractor has written into the contract.  Back when I worked at Prescient we got the ATF programme to require one of our applications.  Regardless of who won the bid they'd be using our software.  It's a package deal.

--Rich P.