[Discuss] Opera vs Chrome for safety/security

Brendan Kidwell brendan at glump.net
Mon Jun 18 19:04:03 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Scott Ehrlich <srehrlich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Noscript doesn't exist for Opera or Chrome, but at least Chrome
> reportedly has good-enough technology to counter it.

There is an Opera Extension similar to NoScript called NotScripts.
https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/notscripts/?display=en
It's a little clunky, but it gets the job done.

For security and speed and usability I can't recommend Opera over
Chrome or vice versa -- I'm unhappy with both but I like them a lot
better than any other browsers out there. (And I haven't even passed
40 years old yet!)