[Discuss] Class action against "Secure Boot"

Mark Woodward markw at mohawksoft.com
Fri Jun 22 10:12:51 EDT 2012

I was thinking, if Microsoft gets its way, it will use what's left of
its monopoly power to restrict access to the PC boot infrastructure. In
principal I have no problem with a secure boot system, as long as I have
control over what *I* allow to boot. The problem is when *I* have to ask
or pay someone else to use *my* property the way that I want.

If this roles out and is sufficiently troublesome to freedom, do you
think we can sue?