[Discuss] Log management options?

Scott Ehrlich srehrlich at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 01:40:19 EDT 2012

I'm looking for log management options for a network of Windows and
Linux hosts on an isolated network.

I need tcp communication (vs udp) to ensure messages successfully get
passed from client to log server.

Encryption of the message, too, between client to server would be
great.    TCP alone would just provide plain-text.

I've been in touch with Intersect Alliance, and they've been extremely
helpful with a myriad of questions I've posed, but I just learned that
their server product requires its own Linux OS, provided by them.   A
bit of a bummer.

Solarwinds, owner of Kiwi, won't return my emails.

Corner Bowl is Windows-centric.

Envision is just way too expensive.

What other products are out there?

Thanks.