[Discuss] Next AMD FX-8120 update

Tom Metro tmetro-blu at vl.com
Sun Mar 18 23:20:14 EDT 2012

Richard Pieri wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> ...Postfix or Apache or whatever. You'll need some synthetic data
>> or a stressing tool to create a load.
>
> I like using HandBrake to do video encodes as a general benchmark.
> HandBrake will use as many threads...

That's great, but my point was that if the machine is going to be
deployed as a mail or web server, those are the types of loads you want
to benchmark with.

For a CPU like the AMD FX-8120 I know I'd personally be more interested
in seeing how it scales when handling multiple web server VMs than video
transcoding.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro