[Discuss] Some Java questions

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:51:43 EDT 2012

You have to move the plugin from the JRE or JDK to the mozilla/plugins
directory. The following is for the 32-bit plugin, but the procedure is
similar for the 64-bit plugin.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/manual-plugin-install-linux-136395.html
On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Qun Han <applehan at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Linux experts,
>
> I try to install JRE on the firefox 16 on RedHat Linux (64bit).
>
> I downloaded jre--7u9-linux-x64.rpm and installed it by running:
>
> # rpm -ivh jre--7u9-linux-x64.rpm
>
> and I got the following confirmation:
> package jre-1.7.0_09-fcs.x86_64 is already installed
>
> Then, I restart Firefox browser, go to Tools--> add-ons-->Plugins, and I
> don't see java installed.
>
> Can you please help me figure out how to make sure the Firefox browser can
> recognize the JRE installed?
>
> Thanks.

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id:3BC1EB90
Key fingerprint: 49E2 C52A FC5A A31F 8D66 C0AF 7CEA 30FC 3BC1 EB90