[Discuss] SVN server - What hardware do I need?

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Sun Apr 21 20:09:07 EDT 2013

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Tom Metro
>
> VNC? I've done plenty of remote coding via SSH, but not VNC. What's the
> underlying circumstances that are motivating that choice?

In my case:  Users want an IDE.  They also want to be able to suspend / resume their remote session, and simply continue after they get home or whatever.  They want to be able to reboot and sleep their laptops, and travel, without losing context.

Yes, if you can offload the build process to their laptop, that's great.  But there are a lot of reasons people might not want to do that.