[Discuss] Discuss Digest, Vol 27, Issue 1

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Thu Aug 1 14:09:49 EDT 2013

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Guarino
>
> Sadly, it is so expansively written because it is to apply to any IT
> firms engaged in any IT hardware or software services or implementation.
>  This open ended and expansive language can only mean it will be applied
> in this way.  At first it was labeled a "cloud tax" now it has morphed
> into any everything IT tax.  It is going to make our state less
> competitive and end up costing us jobs.

Even more broadly:   Income tax is even more expansive than IT tax.  Not just IT jobs that are affected by income tax.  Or property tax.  Or sales tax.

Personally, I accept it as the run rises.  People are pushed to purchase from NH in general, and liquor outlet in particular.  IT isn't the only industry that gets taxed.