[Discuss] GNU/Linux Distro for Mac?

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Fri Aug 2 21:22:33 EDT 2013

Ditto Dan Ritter.  If you have a Mac, just connect to Linux via ssh through
Terminal.  If you want X, install XQuartz.  If you want a local Linux dev
environment, install Vagrant/VirtualBox.  Macs are great front-ends for Linux
development, I've been using 'em off-and-on for years in office environments.
Haven't ever written a line of code or script to do Mac dev or deployment.

At home I have Linux desktops/laptops for cost reasons:  don't want to pay the
Apple tax.  But if I did pay the Apple tax for a home computer, or otherwise
came into possession of something Apple, I'd virtualize Linux under the OSX
host.

-rich
Typed on my office MacBook.