[Discuss] GNU/Linux Distro for Mac?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 16:05:04 EDT 2013

John Abreau wrote:
> OS X is a FreBSD desktop? Please tell me how I can install the OS X
> desktop on a generic FreeBSD system.

Yes, it is a FreeBSD desktop:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/explaining-bsd/comparing-bsd-and-linux.html

"Mac OS® X is the latest version of the operating system for Apple
Computer Inc.'s Macintosh® line. The BSD core of this operating system,
Darwin, is available as a fully functional open source operating system
for x86 and PPC computers. The Aqua/Quartz graphics system and many
other proprietary aspects of Mac OS® X remain closed-source, however.
Several Darwin developers are also FreeBSD committers, and vice-versa."

It's not a free desktop, but it's still a FreeBSD desktop.

--
Rich P.