[Discuss] Interesting rant about Gnome 3

Brendan Kidwell brendan at glump.net
Wed Jan 9 22:48:48 EST 2013

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013, John Abreau wrote:

> This blog post sheds some interesting light on some of the issues many of
> us have been having withj gnome 3.

Wow. This explains a lot. Like why Netbeans was broken in Gnome 3 and
Cinnamon, reported fixed, and in my experience this weekend, broken again!
(Probably Swing, not Netbeans, that has the conflict with GTK 3.)

Glad I made the switch to KDE at work. Need to make time to complete the
Linux Mint upgrade and desktop switch on my laptop soon.