[Discuss] Cinnamon

F. Ozbek ozbek at gmx.com
Wed Jan 23 07:42:14 EST 2013

On 01/22/2013 06:01 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
>> It was generally very slow.
>
> I often hear desktops described as being fast or slow, but I can't say
> I've really observed any noticeably significant speed differences among
> desktops. Maybe this only exhibits itself on slower hardware or with
> less memory.

It was on the same hardware. (Cinnamon and Mate.). Definition of "slow"
is "anything that irritates me". I am a CLI type of guy myself, so for me, best GUI
is the GUI that I don't even notice that it is there. I don't like "special effects"
or anything similar on the GUI. It should do what it is supposed to do,
nothing more, nothing less.