[Discuss] Ubuntu forums hacked; 1.82M logins, email addresses stolen

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 20:16:21 EDT 2013

David Kramer wrote:
> suffered a massive data breach on its forums. All usernames, passwords,
> and email addresses were stolen.

This goes back to a point I made in the discussion a while back about
security by obscurity: take it as a given that your system will be
compromised. No matter how good an admin you are, no matter how solid
your defenses, if an attacker can gain access then he can find a way in.

Plan accordingly.

--
Rich P.