[Discuss] Ubuntu forums hacked; 1.82M logins, email addresses stolen

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Tue Jul 23 13:14:12 EDT 2013

Passwords were stored clear-text?!?!?  On a core software-tools site?  Say it
ain't true!

But of course, I remember how long it took me to convince the dev team at my
past employer Manhunt.net to migrate to hashed-passwords.  After a year and a
half, they finally took the advice (motivated, fortunately, by an unrelated
major release rather than a data breach)...

The world moves forward, slowly, in fits & starts...

-rich