[Discuss] KeePassX

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 16:18:27 EDT 2013

Kent Borg wrote:
> Everyone has known (for decades!) to "never write down your password".
> Except those who disagree.  Ignorant people you should ignore (not),
> such as Bruce Schneier.

Because writing down passwords itself isn't a bad practice. It's writing
them down and putting the paper near the things being protected that's a
bad practice. I certainly don't leave the key to my front door hanging
from the knob outside. It goes into my pocket.

Same idea.

> better to use paper. Really.  Paper.

A piece of paper is effectively impervious to remote exploit. It isn't
vulnerable to malware or key loggers. It doesn't need security updates.
It simply works -- such as it is. The one security weakness that paper
has is physical security. This isn't much of a problem after all. We
humans have become quite adept at protecting small, important pieces of
paper. We're certainly better at it than we are at protecting small
electronic devices.

--
Rich P.