[Discuss] Squid configuration question

scottmarydavidsam at gmail.com scottmarydavidsam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 11:26:46 EDT 2013

We're running a Squid proxy server which is configured to automatically
authenticate users via Kerberos/Microsoft AD.

There's a web site that users are trying to connect to, which normally
(from outside our network) prompts for credentials. In our case the web
browser attempts AD authentication, fails and we get access denied to the
site. Note, this has never worked from our network.

I get the same behavior in Firefox and IE.

Is there a config change in Squid which will exclude specific domains from
auto-authentication?

Thanks,
Scott