[Discuss] [OT] Smart Phones

jc at trillian.mit.edu jc at trillian.mit.edu
Sat Mar 2 03:49:55 EST 2013

Kent Borg wrote:
| I am amazed at what an impressive *phone* my Galaxy Nexus is. Go back a
| couple decades and think about it as a "telephone": wow! Okay, but the
| telephone part is what I use least. Pretty amazing.
|
| -kb, the Kent who recommends only Nexus Androids so as to not get extra
| manufacturer or carrier cruft.

So I was hoping for a few  other  evaluations  of  phones,  but  that
hasn't appeared so far.  Do others have suggestions for what are good
geek-friendly "smart phones" these days? I'm thinking of replacing my
old  HTC-1  with  something better, and wondering if it's possible to
make sense of the commercial hype.

--
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?