[Discuss] DNS question about DNSENUM.PL

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 17:02:51 EDT 2013

--On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:48 PM -0400 Bill Horne <bill at horne.net>
wrote:

> As does having a T-1 connection on local cables that anyone with a ladder
> can disrupt, or

True, but why make it easier for an attacker to launch a denial of service
against yourself while making the system harder for legitimate users to
use? That's not good security.

> It's more like changing the lock to an unmarked housing that makes the
> lockpicker guess at
> which manufacturer he's up against. As I wrote before, security is about

A locksmith can identify most kinds of locks by the shapes of the keyways.
The actual delay against intrusion is effectively zero.

--
Rich P.