[Discuss] iptables trouble

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Tue Oct 1 23:53:03 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 01:16:28PM -0400, Dr. Anthony Gabrielson wrote:
> I have CONFIG_NETFILTER enabled as a module (specific differences below),

I haven't built a custom kernel in a very, very long time, but it
looks to me like you do not:

> Here is the netfilter specific portion of the diff:
> < CONFIG_NETFILTER=y

I believe if this were built as a module, this should be 'm' not 'y'.
But I vaguely recall that some options are "meta" options which enable
other options, and only can be set to 'y' even when the functionality
provided is compiled as a module... not sure whether this is one or
not.

As a side note, I recommend using unified diff (diff -u) for pasting
in e-mails, it (at least IMO) gets less messy in quoted text e-mails
(where angle brackets are customarily used to indicate levels of
quoting).

> < # CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG is not set
> < CONFIG_NETFILTER_ADVANCED=y
> <
> < #
> < # Core Netfilter Configuration
> < #
> < CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK=m
> < CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_ACCT=m
> < CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_QUEUE=m
> < CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_LOG=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_MARK=y
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_PROCFS=y
> < # CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_EVENTS is not set
> < # CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_TIMEOUT is not set
> < # CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_TIMESTAMP is not set
> < CONFIG_NF_CT_PROTO_DCCP=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CT_PROTO_GRE=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CT_PROTO_SCTP=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CT_PROTO_UDPLITE=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_AMANDA=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_FTP=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_H323=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_IRC=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_BROADCAST=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_NETBIOS_NS=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_SNMP=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_PPTP=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_SANE=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_SIP=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_TFTP=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CT_NETLINK=m
> < CONFIG_NF_CT_NETLINK_TIMEOUT=m
> < # CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_QUEUE_CT is not set
> < # CONFIG_NETFILTER_TPROXY is not set
> < CONFIG_NETFILTER_XTABLES=m
> <

-=-=-=-=-