[Discuss] UEFI

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 13:27:02 EDT 2013

Anybody have to deal with UEFI and Intel Rapid Storage Technology?
I've tried just about every option available in the bios but have been
unable to get any popular distro to see the 500gb or the 32gb drive.
Everything else appears to work off a live dvd.  Win8 seems to only
show the 500gb drive and uses the 32gb silently.  Since Win8 is
horrible I really would like to get xubuntu running on it.  Anybody
overcome this?

Thanks.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Krawitz wrote:
>>
>> I've run the radeon FOSS driver for quite some time on several adapters
>> without problems.
>

> And I've had no end of problems with it ranging from poor performance to
> systems that crash as soon as the X server starts.
>
> --
> Rich P.

Eric Chadbourne
617.249.3377