[Discuss] Encrypt Everything?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:16:06 EDT 2013

Jay Kramer wrote:
> Google claims that they are going to encrypt gmail with a scheme that
> will be very difficult to decrypt.

Google claims. But Google haven't demonstrated a strong aversion to
providing data to authorities when served with court orders to do so.

I actually care less about the algorithms used and how those algorithms
are implemented than I do about their key management. If the key holders
make copies for federal agencies, or the key holders unlock the data on
demand from those agencies, then Google's "encrypt everything" strategy
is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

--
Rich P.