[Discuss] easy clustering of applications

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Tue Apr 1 07:03:55 EDT 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Tom Metro
>
> It does seem like every application has its own unique approach to
> clustering. There is no generalized solution.

This is one of the reasons why I'm much more strongly inclined toward HA at the hypervisor.  *By necessity* if you want HA at the application layer, then the application must be designed for it, and therefore setup is unique to your application.  But if you do HA at the hypervisor, then it doesn't matter what your application is; you have HA of your application, no matter what it is, and the setup is identical  for any and all types of application.