[Discuss] Does anyone have a Thinkpad T30?

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Fri Apr 11 10:42:30 EDT 2014

On 4/11/2014 9:40 AM, MishaStrGm wrote:
> Hi Bill
>
> 1 I use T60p a lot without battery. It is fine.
> I used another old lap-tops without battery just fine.
> I do not have battery.
>
> 2  Are you from Linux user group?
> T30 can run Linux, slow.
> You click and nothing happeps, only then .
> I have Linux questions often.
>
> Mike Strounin.

Mike,

Thanks, that's good to know.

I just booted the T30 into its BIOS, but I had to push a button on the
bottom of the unit and try combinations of the power and "Thinkpad"
buttons to get it to boot, and after I updated the date/time, it
wouldn't reboot. Is there some way to get it to boot without pushing two
or three buttons at once?

TIA.

Bill