[Discuss] Good and Bad Crypto

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Wed Apr 23 09:24:33 EDT 2014

On 04/22/2014 07:40 AM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu) wrote:
> Nobody rolls his own crypto algorithm.  And I mean nobody.
>
> Everybody, and I mean everybody, uses a standard library implementation of an open standard.
Not entirely true. One of my contracts had a major telephony client, and
a colleague of mine used his own crypto algorithms. And it was so weak
that nearly any primate could break it.  We could have used DES because
we did use DES for part of the project. But, anyone who knows what they
are doing certainly would use a standard library implementation.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix