[Discuss] Facebook backups?

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 23:56:46 EDT 2014

I want to set up a cron job to make weekly backups of my facebook account.
To do that, I need a command-line tool for backing up an account, and I've
had no luck finding such a tool.

Facebook has a mechanism for manually downloading an archive of all your
account's data from a web browser, and I also found a Firefox plugin that
scrapes facebook to produce a partial backup. But both need to be operated
manually from within a web browser, and won't work from cron.

Has anyone come across a facebook backup tool that can be used in a cron
job?

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6