[Discuss] VSphere 5.5.0 U1 and backups

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 19:40:09 EDT 2014

On 8/1/2014 7:22 PM, Jason Normand wrote:
> We have been running veeam successfully for a while now.  Though we do
> not run 5.5.  On rare occasions a backup has failed due to snapshot
> issues but not often.

Yeah, see, I learned a long time ago that when full system restoration
is indicated then the native backup tools provided by the vendor are
always the first choice. Third party tools should not be brought into
play unless there are specific needs that are not met by the first party
tools.

--
Rich P.