[Discuss] vsphere 5.5 replication and hot failover

Scott Ehrlich scott at ehrlichtronics.com
Tue Aug 5 14:21:47 EDT 2014

How well does the new vsphere 5.5 U1 w/replication work in an
environment with two servers, which are hot failovers to each other?

We want to ensure data integrity through the replication process and
know, in theory, a hot spare should be identical to the master, but it
never is.

Should both primary servers fail, we want to ensure the integrity of
the replicated backup, when restored, works flawlessly when placed
into production.

There is always a chance or scenario one server is patched and the
other server is pending the same patch level, leaving a difference in
configuration, for example.

Thanks.

Scott