[Discuss] Wireless devices, 2 Wireless Routers, local network. DD-WRT

John Boland jj.boland at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:08:58 EDT 2014

I had a similar situation several years ago at a campground in maine. While
the wifi service was free, you had to register and they only allowed one
connection per campsite.  (I don't remember how they restricted it) So, i
used my dd-wrt router in client mode and spoofed the laptop i had used to
register.  Then i used the lan ports to connect a couple of devices.
This was before 11N, so service wasn`t the best. But, i could handle a few
emergency tasks for work (yeah, i know, it's not a vacation) while the kids
could play some games.
If you need to hook up more devices, you could bring another dd-wrt router
and attach its wan port to one of the other unit's lan ports.  Someone has
already suggested this.  While i haven't used it in the field, i have
managed to get a second router hooked up to the first to work in the man
cave/dungeon/basement.

HTH
Good luck.