[Discuss] Python module for Windows services that runs on Linux

Matt Shields matt at mattshields.org
Wed Dec 3 15:45:04 EST 2014

So far this looks the most promising.  For those interested, here's the
test script I wrote and it let's me display the status of all services.

import sys
import os
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath("/usr/bin"))  #path where impacket example
scripts installed
import services #import the /usr/bin/services.py script

username="Administrator"
password="testpass"
address="app001"

class options():
    pass
options = options()
options.action="list"
options.hashes=None

services = services.SVCCTL(username, password, domain, options)
try:
    services.run(address)
except Exception, e:
    print e