[Discuss] free SSL certs from the EFF

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Sun Dec 7 22:12:01 EST 2014

On 12/7/2014 2:57 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> A few days ago Ed posited that we'll get there someday. Truth is,
> we've been there for some time. With DNSCurve and DNSCrypt we have
> exactly the kinds of encrypted DNS service that he called for. Why
> haven't they been widely adopted? I figure it's a "Paul Vixie, yes!
> DJB, no!" issue.

More likely, an "Oh my aching back! The IT crew wants more money again!"
issue. :-(

In the past, I've worked with and suffered under some managers whose
view of security was that it didn't matter as long as _/they/_ couldn't
be blamed for a failure. I'm sorry to say that they were usually correct.

Bill

--
E. William Horne
339-364-8487