[Discuss] Who sells the least expensive SSL certs right now?

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Thu Dec 18 18:40:35 EST 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Bill Horne <bill at horne.net> wrote:

> In theory, we could put "our" root certificate in everyone's browser, but
> that's so much effort that it's not practical.

That's what I did when I worked at Zuken. Part of my job was building
laptops for everyone, on a 3-year refresh cycle, and as part of my standard
build I installed my self-generated CA certificate into Firefox and
Internet Explorer when I built each new laptop. I also added a page to the
TWiki knowledge base explaining how to install the certificate so end-users
could do it themselves if they chose.

Of course, most of them were engineers, so they had no trouble following
technical directions.

Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6