[Discuss] Who sells the least expensive SSL certs right now?

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Mon Dec 22 06:52:46 EST 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Horne
>
> ISTM that the CA's have made the certificate-generation process nearly
> impossible to use, by adding extensions after extension to the
> certificates so that end-users can't even create a "root" certificate
> anymore. Let's have a presentation on how you did it!

I have an automated root CA, intermediate, and server cert generation process here:
https://github.com/rahvee/MonoSslStreamServerBug/blob/master/certs/junkca.sh

If you want to actually use something like this, you don't need the intermediate.  You should also review all the commands and pay attention to what you're doing; I took several shortcuts because this script was intended only for creating a junk CA for use in another test.