[Discuss] Who sells the least expensive SSL certs right now?

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 10:28:00 EST 2014

It was asserted in the bugzilla page that startssl refuses to issue a new certificate until you revoke the old one, and that in combination with their typical response times, this results in at least 5 days' downtime when replacing an old startssl-issued certificate with a new startssl-issued certificate.

If the assertion is correct, and if your site cannot accept running for a week or so with a revoked certificate, then choosing startssl means you'll have to switch to another CA anyway the next time a Heartbleed-like incident occurs.