[Discuss] Do you have experience with "Drobo" Raid boxes?

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Tue Dec 30 05:59:57 EST 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Horne
>
> > Drobo uses ZFS.
>
> Please tell me more: the "Drobo Dashboard" software offered the option
> to format them with HFS+, and since it's attached to Mac Mini, I clicked
> "OK".

Speaking about the freenas, which may or may not bear similarity to the drobo in this regard -

The freenas uses zfs behind the scenes.  (Or at least used to; I'm not sure if they changed.)  From a zvol, you can present iscsi to a host, and it can be preformatted wiith another filesystem such as hfs+.

So I'm not confirming that the drobo does this or not - I am confirming it's possible.