[Discuss] protecting kids online

js js0000 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 12:43:29 EST 2014

On 02/05/2014 12:00 PM, Eric Chadbourne wrote:
> I have two nieces (7 & 9) with shiny new android tablets.  I've looked
> at various browser plugins and apps but nothing really stood out to me
> that would effectively block adult content and was no cost.  The couple
> of things I tried seem pretty easy to get around.  Anybody have any
> suggestions?

i can understand your desire to protect your nieces from the craziness
and darkness that humans put up on the network; however, any technical
solution is bound to be imperfect [as you and others have pointed out].
a different approach would be to monitor the traffic with a log and then
review and discuss what is necessary.

as the father of three that have passed or are passing through
adolescence i can tell you there are many things that are outside of
your control. good luck.

--
\js : sentient being