[Discuss] Why use Linux? (back to original question)

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 12:57:22 EST 2014

markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>> "I've never needed to use QEMU on Macintosh. Therefore QEMU works great on
>> Macintosh, and anyone whose experience says differently is wrong."
>>
>> Interesting logic.
>
> Whom are you quoting?

That's something I'd like to know, too.

Anyway.

Yes, I'm aware that there are plenty of users out there who have had no
problems at all with QEMU. In my case, however, on vanilla Debian about
two years ago, it didn't work. Actually, my first go on that server was
with Xen but that didn't work, either. Same problem: guests couldn't see
the virtualized network interfaces.

--
Rich P.