[Discuss] WDC HDD data recovery redcommendations?

Jim Gasek jim at gasek.net
Thu Jan 30 19:25:34 EST 2014

I have a WDC 160GG HAWK SATA drive, it clicks on startup,
but the motor either fails, or doesn't stay spinning.

250GB SATA 7200rpm, 8G cache.

When I connect it to a variety of laptops with a USB adapter,
it recognizes the make/model, and tries to load up the driver
and mount it, but never finishes.

It cannot see any partition.

If I had to guess I would say a bad motor(?)

Any HDD repair shops, data recovery shops that can extract
data on what seems to be a not-so-damaged but non-functional
HDD?   Not worth more than a grand for sure.

Thanks,
Jim Gasek