[Discuss] Https - the solution to net neutrality

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Thu Jul 24 09:12:41 EDT 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Chuck Anderson
>
> If they broke the contract, take then to small claims court.

That was 2-3 years ago, they technically didn't break the contract because they WROTE the contract with all the legalese to protect themselves (AKA they explicitly state that channel availability may change), which I had no choice about, because my options were:  Take it, or Leave it.  "This is the same contract everyone else signs.  It's non-negotiable."  I could choose between VZ or Comcast, which is more choice than some people get.

Plus it would have cost me more than $425 to go to small claims court, in terms of wasted time.  I might lose.  And even if I win, where does that leave me?  VZ surely won't sell service to the guy who just finished suing them.

Sorry I disagree.  The small claims court idea is a bad idea.

*Additionally* once about 11 years ago I took a crooked used car dealer to small claims court, and I won.  (He had overcharged my account and refused to refund.)  And then after I won, he refused to refund anyway.  And I had no further legal recourse, because the dollar amount was too small to put a lien on his property.  So I guess effectively he won.  That system simply doesn't work unless both parties agree to it.