[Discuss] Sync Revisited

Edward Ned Harvey (blu) blu at nedharvey.com
Wed Jul 30 10:03:37 EDT 2014

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Matt Shields
>
> Did you try ownCloud?  It's a self-hosted replacement for Dropbox.  They
> even have some built in apps, so I can use the web interface when I don't
> have my computer or phone to log in and edit documents similar to Google
> Apps.

I have been dissatisfied with owncloud, as have many IT people I've talked with.  Now I use Synctuary http://conceptblossom.com
Full disclosure:  I founded Concept Blossom and created Synctuary due to limitations with competing alternatives such as Boxcryptor/Encfs.

The crypto parts are open source.  http://tinhatrandom.org and http://cbcrypt.org
We haven't released the linux client yet.  It is currently top development priority, so it should be ready soon.