[Discuss] wiki suggestion?

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Thu Jul 31 23:03:34 EDT 2014

On 7/31/2014 10:50 PM, John Abreau wrote:
> Wikipedia is based on mediawiki, which I haven't used myself, but I
> understand it's generally a good choice.

Mediawiki is a good choice for open-content, publicly accessible wikis,
provided you have enough data to justify the overhead.

Keep in mind that Mediawiki is the engine of Wikipedia, as John
mentioned: it's built to handle large amounts of data and large numbers
of users. Also, it cannot be made to delivery content to a restricted
audience: the documentation specifically warns against trying to do
that, even though plugins are available which claim to make it possible.

FWIW.

Bill

--
E. William Horne