[Discuss] Acer Aspire One Ubuntu networking issue

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Tue Mar 11 10:44:47 EDT 2014

Here is the current status on her system. Dick Miller lent her a router.
Ubuntu works fine with the router that Dick lent her, but does not
connect on her home router. One of my thoughts is it could be a 2.4 vs 5
Mhz issue, but she is able to connect to both routers using Windows 7,
so my thoughts are that there is something amiss in the Ubuntu network
manager. Dick gave her a Fedora and Simplicity iso. It would be
interesting to see the results if she can run Fedora or Simplicity.
Unfortunately I don't have hands on here so I am getting info second hand.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix