[Discuss] RHEL on intel/Xeon, vs. RHEL on Mainframe "Z Linux"

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Wed Mar 19 12:57:12 EDT 2014

You will not have any binary compatibility between Intel and zLinux on
is non-existent. Are you going to run Linux native or in a virtual
environment. AFIK, the IFL facility uses native code, not Intel. But,
you have a lot of performance and flexibility as you can run up to 1000
VMs. Unfortunately I don't know anyone here who is running zLinux, but I
can inquire. remember that IBM has had virtualization on its mainframes
going back to the 1960s, and have some firmware support.