[Discuss] Redundant array of inexpensive servers: clustering?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:19:09 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com>wrote:

> How hard could it be? Really hard. Designing and building reliable HA
> clusters from scratch is one of the hardest things a sysadmin can be called
> upon to do.

Yup. Very tough for legacy apps not designed for anything fancier than
reboot til it works.

HA-ing an app is slightly easier on Sysadmins if  App engineers can help,
include appropriate start-restart-recover parameters, etc.  (Mediating that
discussion between Ops/Sysadmins and Development was one of my roles in
last gig.) Testing HA in business Ops environment is still a pain ...

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com