[Discuss] linux install on windows 8.1 laptop

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Sat May 3 09:35:46 EDT 2014

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Booting from USB drives is now very common but must be enabled in the
> BIOS, and some older systems do not support that.

No, Jerry. Built-in card readers aren't USB drives. They're a different
class of device.

For example, I own four computers (two Lenovo, one Dell, one Acer) with
built-in card readers. All four are capable of USB boot -- I do it
frequently to run Clonezilla. None of the them will boot from SD cards.
SD cards simply don't appear in the boot device lists.

--
Rich P.