[Discuss] SSD drives vs. Mechanical drives

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Wed May 7 17:00:27 EDT 2014

For a laptop or even primary drive on small desktop, SSD.  For bulk data
anywhere, HD.
HD, like tapes used to be, is my 'security blanket'.

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:

> On 05/07/2014 03:49 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> > Jerry Feldman wrote:
> >> Why do they lie about sync completion.
> > To inflate benchmark performance numbers.
> >
> Ok.
> So, if you had to buy a new 1TB drive and you had a choice between a
> high quality consumer SSD and a mechanical drive at the same price, what
> would you buy?
>
> --
> Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
> Boston Linux and Unix
> PGP key id:3BC1EB90
> PGP Key fingerprint: 49E2 C52A FC5A A31F 8D66  C0AF 7CEA 30FC 3BC1 EB90

><> ... Jack

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart"... Colossians 3:23
"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate" -
Henry J. Tillman
"Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new." -
Albert Einstein
"You don't manage people; you manage things. You lead people." - Admiral
Grace Hopper, USN
"a nanosecond is the time it takes electrons to propigate 11.8 inches" - "
- http://youtu.be/JEpsKnWZrJ8
"Life is complex: it has a real part and an imaginary part." - Martin Terma